Our client is one of the world’s leading communications services companies, serving the needs of customers in the UK and across 180 countries worldwide. Main activities are the provision of fixed-line services, broadband, mobile and TV products and services as well as networked IT services.
In the UK the company is a leading communications services provider, selling products and services to consumers, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector.
The company also sells wholesale products and services to communications providers in the UK and around the world. Globally, our client supplies managed networked IT services to multinational corporations, domestic businesses and national and local government organisations.
At this moment we are looking for a Senior Sales Engineer.
In this position the Engineer will
- Work as a virtual member of a Sales team to identify, design, and sell products and services which deliver cost effective WAN, LAN and UC solutions for customers.
- Undertake the lead Sales Engineer role during the complete presales process in selling solutions.
- Effectively engage other departments to strengthen propositions and overcome barriers to success.
- Support sales executives at customer meetings as needed and be able to present effectively at senior management meetings.
- Act as a technical design authority on customer network solutions to ensure correct design, operation and reduce risks.
- Act as a mentor for new recruits and Sales Engineers.
- Operate on a multi-country, multi-product and multiple customer basis when appropriate.
- To support technical aspects of a sales opportunity to the satisfaction of the sales team and customer with a view to exceeding sales order, revenue and satisfaction targets.
- To understand the customer’s business requirements and related telecommunications needs.
- To identify and develop new opportunities for telecommunication services with our customers.
- To influence the customer in the establishment of a technology strategy that favours the supply of our Products and Services.
- To ensure customer satisfaction on the technical aspects of the network solution.
- Participate actively to internal and customer meetings to sell the designed solution and support the tendering and negotiations of customer/IT solutions in order to achieve the sales target.
- To maintain a high awareness of technology trends, in the telecommunications arena, our products and services portfolio, competitors portfolio and regulatory status.
- Monitoring market trends and recommending to Marketing and Product Groups the product and service portfolio necessary for success.
- The post holder must have the ability to work under pressure and within tight timescales
- Domestic and International travel may be necessary at short notice.
Experience & Skills
- Industry experience in a technical/commercial telecommunications environment.
- Proven record of product knowledge within a specialism.
- Experience of financial and commercial contract negotiations.
- Previous work experience in an international business environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including experience of writing proposals.
- University degree or equivalent technical qualification and professional certification.
- Excellent language and presentation skills.
- Strong customer relationship and negotiation skills to ensure being able to present a credible image to both customers and suppliers building the necessary relationships at all levels to enhance chances of success.
- Good business acumen with the ability to understanding industry dynamics, the competitive environment and customer business drivers.
- Be able to think creatively, to innovate and resolve commercial and technical problems.
- Ability to both lead and work as a team member within virtual teams. Good sales, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide specialised technical support in one or more areas and to proactively share knowledge and learning.
- Leadership skills in managing and motivating a virtual team.
- Recognised as an expert in one technology or service.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience of designing, selling and implementing large international network and UC solutions.
- Experience in optimising a commercial proposition from a financial and operational perspective.
- Experience in assessing risks and service level agreements for proposed network solutions.
- Experience in a consultancy role.
- Customer management experience.
- Fluent in at least one other major European language other than English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Relevant Professional certification (e.g. Product Certifications of Cisco, Microsoft Skype for Business, Riverbed, Fortinet, Checkpoint a.o.)