In an ever changing market the ‘’ultimate customer experience’’ is the big differentiator for companies. The primary focus of our client is to develop sales and order management solutions, implement technologies and launch products into the market that facilitate our customers to easily implement and support end-to-end omnichannel and multiplay solutions which provide them with competitive advantages in terms of increasing revenue due to new market propositions and reducing cost by streamlining their sales and order management processes. Through its own product suite and related Professional Services, the company delivers innovative end-to-end e-commerce solutions for business clients.
At this moment we are looking for a Sales Head Region.
The Sales Head Region will be expected to provide a leading role in the growth of the company. With a strong customer focus, excellent listening and and interpersonal skills, you are expected to lead the new sales, or business development, in primarily new accounts. You are able to quickly identify new sales leads in new telco/cable/media or utility companies, open the doors for you and your sales support to get in front of the commercial and technology decision makers at board level, and pitch our solution for their digital transformation challenges. Your profile is such that you like the challenge of the customer saying no, as this makes the sales process the right challenge for you. You have a good understanding of the telecom/cable and/or utility market and the processes within the companies in this market. You will work together with the management team and the other Sales Heads for a region to divide the hunting grounds for new accounts. You are a able to drive opportunities forward by yourself, and form the right team to close the deal at the right time. You are good both in maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers as wel as building lasting relationships with new ones. Experience and a network of customer contacts in the middle- and far-east, or in the Americas have a clear preference as this will augment the existing sales team.
This is an exciting role with a company that is market leading with its innovative e-commerce sales and ordermanagement solution and technology, tooling, pre-defined processes and applications. Full training on the company’s product range will be provided to the successful candidate.
- Acquire a good knowledge of the value proposition of our software and related solutions in the telco/cable/media and utilities markets
- Research organisations and individuals online (using social media, own network) to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Develop a new business development plan for the region (or accounts) you take accountability for
- Setup stakeholder maps and setup the initial contact with potential clients to establish rapport and setup meetings
- Plan and oversee all new business initiatives
- Attend relevant conferences and industry events
- Preparation of presentations, quotes and proposals in order to negotiate and re-negotiate a successful deal
- Deliver a total of 10 Mio EURO annually in closed deals into new accounts
- Ensure propose follow up and successful implementation into the new accounts from a commercial relationship perspective
- Train and develop team members to enhance their commercial skills
- Arrange for proper handover to accounts managers for the newly developed accounts, who will remain part of your team
Key Qualifications & skills
- Advanced education and training; bachelor’s degree, preferably business or math or MBA
- Minimal 5+ years of experience in new business development within software or equipment selling companies
- Minimal 5 years of leadership experience to distributed sales teams
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events
- Socially adept with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines by prioritizing/triaging obligations
- Good with numbers, logical thinker with great attention to detail and can do attitude
- Self-motivated and target driven
- Fluent in Dutch and/or English, the main company language is English
- Knowledge of and experience with standard office automation and communication tools (Microsoft O365)