Our client is a leading information technology solutions firm that provides project-based, managed and outsourcing services in Applications, Network Infrastructure, and Training and Education. The company delivers quality IT outcomes and results while leveraging a large network of experienced IT professionals through their well-established staffing practice. The organization employs 3,000 resources globally and delivers 600+ successful projects annually for clients based in North America, Europe and Asia. They deliver their services either on client premise or from one or more of their five Solution Centers located in Baltimore, Dallas, Montreal, Hyderabad and Bangalore.
At this moment we are looking for a Business Development Manager.
The Business Development Manager(BDM) has responsibility for growing the company’s footprint on a local-regional basis across Verticals and Industries. They will develop go to market strategies as well as an annual account level operating plan for their defined target clients, outlining specific activities that support the annual growth projections within the territory. TheBDM is responsible for partnering with staffing Salespeople and Account Leaders to execute specific account and opportunity level sales capture plans. The manager will develop sales presentations and value messaging that supports the core value propositions and industry/domain understanding which differentiate the company from the competition.
The BDM will add credibility to the sales process at the point of customer interaction increasing win probability and improving sales positioning. They will build and maintain relationships with counterparts across the Sales/ Delivery / Staffing / Strategic Sales / Local Staffing office markets to drive business in their targeted accounts. The successful candidate will fully understand the Information Technology Services Portfolio and how it is positioned in the market. They must have also have a deep understanding of the market they serve and what Information Technology Service capability is best suited to the clients. The successful candidate will be able to effectively develop and maintain broad based relationships throughout the Customer organisation with emphasis on the Director and Executive Levels.
Key Accountabilities & Priorities
- Grow YOY Turnover to meet company goals and expected business results
- When appropriate, partner with local Staffing Salespeople to win net newengagements by driving the sales capture
- Coordinate account strategies and synchronize sales activities at key accounts across products and across Staffing Salespeople with different reporting structures and objectives
- Effectively partner with local Salespeople, Office Leaders, Account Leaders and others to prioritise high value business opportunities at existing clients as well as key prospect clients
- Work with AM’s to incorporate industry and domain specific knowledge into the sales cycle to reduce client sales resistance and increase win probability
- Effectively coach and mentor local Salespeople
- Work with sales/delivery leadership to organise and better package specific messaging and experience such that it is more consumable internally and highly relevant externally
- Work with sales/delivery leadership to identify and target key industry/ vertical trends that could lend itself to replicate-able (and in some cases repeatable) service offerings
- Provide general sales leadership and sales coaching to Staffing Salespeople
A University Degree is required for this position along with a consistent track record of IT Services sales experience. A deep understanding of the targeted market and industries they serve and a high comprehension of the trends, business drivers and dominant buying motives within that market that drive our clients opportunities. The candidate will have successfully sold IT Services within their given market, and they must be able to demonstrate their understanding of the business and technology trends of that market at a level that provides immediate credibility in a sales engagement with a Client Director.